Thursday, March 7, 2013

March Madness

It's the beginning of a new month, and pretty soon, another season as well. I took a break not because I wanted to, but because my computer was messed up. It's been fixed so I'm back in business, and while I was away, I fully realize how important writing is to me. It makes me feel complete. It's like a load taken off my shoulders, being able to speak my mind without watching what I say trying to spare somebody's feelings. I can always go back and edit, put it down in a different way, be reasonable. I am an adult, I don't have the time to argue with others; I am too old for that. My mother taught me better than that, and life shaped me up with this theory: "I could stoop down to other people's level, but it's unfair when they can't step up to mine."

In the past weeks several things have happened, and I'll tell you if you're interested on keep reading.
One is, I got a raise in my pay at the restaurant where I work at as manager if I come back full time; of course I said yes. The schedule is more flexible than that bank so it works out perfectly. I turned in my two week notice at the bank, and it was  hard to do it because I had bonded with everyone, and leaving is sad. But I have to do what I have to do; I have a family to support, and things to accomplish in life. Another offer was made by the bank, and it works out just fine as well so I took it. Ain't nobody own me so I am going to do what it's good for my floofies and me. My work ethic is very good, I must say, and perhaps that's why these two jobs take chances on me, who knows!
The restaurant, for sure, has been the best of all. Since 2009 that I began as a crew member, they've got my back, and throughout the years, we've been faithful to each other. Perhaps is not the best job, or what I want to do for the rest of my life, but for now it's paying the bills, and I am damn good at it too.
The bank is challenging due to the language barrier, but I surely try my hardest. Mitchell helped me keep strong when I thought I couldn't do it. He made me think it twice before I made any hasty decisions. He believed in me when I myself didn't, and I thank him for that; he's always been there for me from the start. No wonder why we're still together, right?

My family, mother and brothers, are going through their own issues, but life itself is okay. We've been through worse, definetly. Bills and regular stuff that everyone has to deal with, no biggie. Let's just keep working hard, and never giving up. There is always a light at the end of the tunnel.