Monday, November 11, 2013

This I Promise You

If you all must know, since I am writing this from the bottom of my heart because I want to share this with you friends, and open up, I gotta admit that I am a very insecure person. More than jealous, I am not very confident on myself, and I take it out on the boyfriend. Lately, and quite often in the past, I made comments that I shouldn't have made, and I usually don't post this type of situations on public because I believe that some things just need to stay in between the walls of your own home, but arguments are part of life and very common for couples to have. Today, though, I want to make amends.
 
Mitch has been the best thing that has happened to me. He is my very better half. We complement one another. He is my Lucy, and I am his Ricky. You know what I mean? I cannot see myself with someone else, it's just not possible; and no, it's not because we've gotten used to each other, but mostly because he has become a vital part of me. I don't make a huge decision without consulting before with him, if I know that it could affect OUR lives. I always look out for OUR future. And for OUR dog Charlie. All because when I was in a shithole of a situation, pardon my language but that's how I felt at the moment, he took me in, and gladly took on the responsibility that he didn't have to --especially when our relationship was very new and we were getting to know each other more in depth. Not one time he complained about it. So seeing that he really cared, and that he was going the extra mile for me, I realized how lucky and blessed I was for finding a human being like him to share my life with. And for that, and much more that words cannot explain, I want all of you to know how much I care and I compromise myself even more to this relationship that has been a life changing experience.
 
Mitch, I know I am a pain in the ass when I hurt your feelings based on silly and unfounded ridiculous comments that take place in my empty head, but I want you to know that I am working on it, and I apologize for the times in the past that I couldn't keep my mouth shut; I will do my hardest to continue to make you happy and be the best because you deserve it. We have been together for a couple of years now so that situations should not be happening, you're right; I guess I am just paranoid that I could lose you --and I don't want to push you away due to my stupidity. If you are with me is for a reason, and I am not about to question it. I love you. You love me. That's all that matters. Let's make it one day at the time, as we have always done it. Let's make it another year.