Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Hello world,

It's been a while since we've conversed. How have you been? Lately, I have been reminiscing on the old me; and I realized how much I've grown and how much I have left to learn. Every day is a new experience, and I know I've said this before, I recall this clearly, but as I get older, I think it is time to actually get to it, and move on.
For example, I need to control my eating habits; I want to eat healthier, but the junk food is so delicious. I want to get in shape, but work occupies 75% of my time. I want to finish my 'big novel' but I can't find the perfect hook. I want to travel, and see new places, but money is tight --although I did spend some money on VIP concerts and such, so that must count as an adventure. See, no matter my goal, I always find an excuse to avoid it. Most of the times though, my reasons are pretty valid. This year, I am going to go with the flow; no plans and no excuses. Sacrifices. I wrote it myself for  a short story -whatever we want to achieve, we will always going to have to make sacrifices. I've always known this, actually, I just found an excuses for me to void this fact.

What I have been getting so much better at lately is writing down goals for every day, and I have checked off all of them; it feels amazing to do so. Knowing that I am being productive during my day is probably the best feeling I have felt in awhile. Tracking and paying bills and cards on time, writing and reading, work related issues that need to be done, etc. Small things, I know, but I gotta start somewhere, right? I guess some times  I put myself down for several other reasons, but that is a whole different subject for another blog, and I get stuck in the WHAT-IF zone; it is time to step into the FUCK-IT elevator though. I am too old for childish behavior, and too young to still accomplish what I want in life. I just need a little push, and surround myself with the right people to continue inspiring to better myself and keep going at it, to never cease fighting for what I want, and to always smile. I know the right people; they've stuck around; I just need to dust my running shoes and catch up. No, it is not a race, but a little challenge never hurt before.