Monday, January 21, 2013

Between Somewhere & Nothing

A few months ago I wrote a short story* that made me think, and reconsider my life. My priorities. My passion for writing. My purpose in life. And I still can't stop thinking about it.

The reason why I started writing a blog is simple, I enjoy writing. It's my passion in life, to tell stories, to give life to characters that live in paper and ink, characters that vibrate one line after another. I used to write a lot often. I kept a journal for ten years, if not longer than that. But then, something happened and I lost the interest for it; I don't know why, and it's no the point to find out what it was. 
I posted some short stories that I had written before, and I got some good reviews, but it wasn't a consistent thing to do, the sharing of my writing on that website. 
Recently, I was encouraged to continue writing. To even keep a personal blog which I already had, but it came to an end when I read some of the dumb posts that I had up there. Yet, the flame was still alive, and I started this blog. I want to rediscover the love for writing. I want to share my life with you through writing, if you allow me. I believe we all have a story to tell, and I would love for you to hear me out; maybe there's no one reading this, but one, and that's myself -And that's the main reason why I'm doing this, to find myself again. To find my voice and my direction, because I feel like I'm lost. 

Is it normal for a person my age to be confused, as if I were a teenager? I mean, I know what I am made of, I've been tested, and my roots stand still. But the course of my branches is wavering.

I enjoy the jobs that I have, they pay the bills, but I do not want to stay there. I want to do more, to move up, to make a change, to shake it up. I want to go to school, but I don't want to suffer financially; many times was I in the verge of eviction, and one time I shared a small back porch with my family and all our belongings, and I refuse to go through that again. However, it seems like this society programmed us for either failure or success, but what is success? I don't want a career. It's boring. I don't want a job that I'll dread going in to. But there aren't other acceptable options out there. No college degree, most of the time, equals to defeat; not that college is THE only option, yet the more education some people get, the more ignorant they become with all that self-righteous crap their heads fill up with.
I don't know. There are many things that confuse me and that I want to explore, but some of them I simply cannot meet ends for several reasons, and I guess, more than anything, it makes me resentful towards those taking for granted the privilege of an education.

Some day, I tell you, I will get there. I'm taking a detour, but I'll catch up.