Thursday, March 28, 2013

Like A Boss

Number one, I talk smack, but I back it up, most of the times -after all, I am only human. Sometimes I may talk out of my ass, and who hasn't?! However, I am going to go back and apologize when I am in the wrong. And today, and lately as matter of fact, I haven't been.

This blog is about my job. I manage a fast food place, as you all should know since you are my friends and stuff, but in these four years that I've worked there, NEVER have I ever called anyone MY EMPLOYEES just because I am in a higher position. Bitch, we make tacos and burritos!
I am the one to blame when something goes wrong in the store.
I am the one that faces the angry customers when we mess up.
I am the one to respond when money is missing or the inventory doesn't add up.
But this does not give me any more power over anyone. I don't own the place. I don't pay any of them out of my own pocket. I am just another employee. I am as replaceable as they are. We all are. And this rant comes from probably a very innocent comment someone made about me, but I cannot seem to let go; it still bothers me. I am sorry, it is childish to be upset over this, but I can't help it. It's just a matter of choosing your words. If you know me, as Mitch does, I am very picky when I speak; for once, English is my second language so I feel like I have to be very careful with my vocabulary just so I don't get my message misinterpreted, or lost in translation. And second, I carry myself as a smart man, an educated man -but with some flaws still- and I don't want to say something that will be dragged longer than it's needed to be, as this is. I believe we all should do this. Nowadays, there is no excuse for anything.

Now I know who I am, and where I stand, so it is time to let it slide. The person didn't even realize the expansion of the ripple that her comment made, and ignorance is indeed a bliss. But I am taking option C, and I am going to move on. I am not going to brag of how good I am at my job, which I know I am:) but I will tell you this much, you come to my store and you treat us nicely, and you will be golden.