Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Bipolar

I know that my last posts have been very depressing, and maybe a little too on the complaining side, but I'll make sure that this one isn't -as much. I just have not much going on, I mean, life nowadays is just work and home, which I am okay with; the point is, some times I am just boring. Hopefully the nice weather will help my mood, and boost it up ten times because God knows I need it. If you know me well, and I probably already said it, winter is not my season.

Anyway, as of last night at the job, I realized that I am not as tough as I used to be. Two summers ago, I was more strict when it came down to it, but today, I am a softy; I always have been. Yeah, I need to step my game up, I think. I mean, I am not demanding, I just am the way I need to be to get the job done, and that's what I get paid for. So yeah, if I have to keep someone till 2am to scrub the floors the way I want them done, I will. I had before. I do help when it's needed though, it's not like I just stand by and watch them work which I should because it is not in my job description. I was told that it's impossible to have done what I want them to in a fast pace; I reply, it is not. I did it when I was a crew member. There are others who are doing it. It takes practice, and common sense, but it can be done. I was not promoted to management for my pretty face which helps, but it wasn't mainly why; I believe I am damn good at it, and I can prove it anytime.

Now, in the positive side, as I was ironing my shirts today, I remembered when my Grandma used to get up at 5am to iron, and some times I would get up and read to her; it was the time when I was learning how to read, and I wanted to read pretty much anything. She would listen to me, or humor me, who knows! Point is, it made me miss her more than ever. And the other night, I was making tea for Mitch, and the smell of the tea made my eyes water. It was the tea she would have with her toast. It's been two years since she passed away, and I know she must be happy to be with her family again, those loved ones before us, but I can't help shed a tear here and there. She raised me, she made me who I am today, she spanked me when it was needed, and made sure that I took education very seriously. She did what she could, and she did an amazing job with me if I must say. But I will meet her again some time later when my time is done here.
With this said, NEVER TAKE FOR GRANTED ANY OF YOUR LOVED ONES.