Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Gay Relationship Are NOT Normal

Mitch and I have been together for a year and seven months. We've had, and still do, our share of fights, arguments, tears, laughs, boredom, naps, dances, parties, serious discussions, do laundry, cook, clean our house, worry about bills, worry about jobs, support each other when things aren't going well, visit each other's family, we adopted a puppy, we share responsibilities. So how would anyone dare to say that our relationship is different? We do what other couples do. How would anyone dare to say that what we have is
not what God intended? More importantly, how would anyone dare to speak in His behalf?
I'm not here to judge or hate on anyone for what they believe in, I'll leave that job to them. I'm here to share my happiness with ya'll, our support system, our friends and family that have been with us all along.

In 2011, while Mitch and I played the "question time" game to get to know each other, we learned that we both love vlogging; I may love it more than he does, maybe, since I'm constantly doing something, but that's besides the point. So somehow we came up with the idea of filming our lives throughout our relationship and see what happens, just for fun; that idea developed into a 'documentary' to show that gay couples are just like any other couples. We go through the same things, or mostly the same, from laughter to anger to jealousy to understanding to learning your partner's living habits, etc.
However, in the present day 2013, I no longer feel like we have ANYTHING to prove. The back up that Mitch and I have from our loved ones is something that bigots cannot take away from us; they can keep their sanctity of marriage, their 'family values' and their normalty, we have YOU that accept us for who we are, and not for who love. Mitch's family have come a long way, and I couldn't be happier for him, and for them; I've seen how fond they are of him, and it melts my heart to know that he is able to share his happiness with them too. On my side, my biggest fear was to give my younger brothers a bad image or bad example; I am not a role model of any kind, I must say, but I did my best to let my brothers know that they must learn from their mistakes and move forward. I came out to my mother, and she has been supportive ever since; my brothers figured it out on their own, with my slight hints and introducing them to the positive side of being gay -such as, we are human being after all. Shows like Will & Grace helped a lot; it's funny and it captured different type of gay guys. Dawson's Creek showed the pain that teens go through to come out. Degrassi was graphic about the bullying at school, and the fear we have to tell anyone. So yes, they have always been on my corner. And I couldn't be any luckier.

After long nights of going through months of footage, I'm done with Series One of our documentary, and we're ready for you all to see it. I hope you enjoy, and we'll keep filming as long as you all keep watching. Let us know what you think of our Crazy.Beautiful.Life.

Here's the link:
Suscribe. Like. Share.