Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Family Portrait

There was a time when my siblings and I didn't meet eye to eye; and it's normal, siblings fight and argue and laugh together and argue some more. There was a time when I had enough of my mother, and I was coming to the point of blaming her for my failures in life; and I wanted out. But then, life smacked me in the face and brought me back to reality.
One time, I couldn't find one of my brothers; he said he'd be at one place, and he wasn't. His phone was off, and nowhere to be found. It was the worst feeling I have ever felt in my entire life. Then, I get in trouble, and my mother scrambles all over the place to bond me out. The time that I was taken away, I realize that I cannot live without my family; they are everything to me. We have been through hell and back, but together -not many people can say that. I love my brothers, and my sister. I love my mother. We all had our differences at times, but we make it work, just like any other families do. Not matter what, we have made it through the darkest of the days. Perseverance.

A year and a half since I've moved out, I visit home and it's like old times every time. But I know that the years have gone by too fast. The youngest one is almost out of high school; the middle child is soon to be in his twenties; and my mother is still supporting us every step of the way. In the meantime, I'm here with my boyfriend, living together, making a family, happy and working on our goals.

Just want to let you know, tell your loved ones that you love them. I do.